2017-2018 Required Vaccinations for Children
The following vaccinations are required before the first day of school at Serra Preschool. You must show your child’s Immunization Record as proof of immunization.
3 Hep B = Hepatitis B
1 Hib* = Haemophilus Influenzae type B
1 Varicella = Chickenpox
* The 1 MMR and 1 Hib vaccinations must occur after the child’s 1st birthday.
If your child is behind on any of these immunizations, please start now on getting them current, as some vaccinations cannot be given all at once, and there are waiting periods between various shots. If your child received the first dose of Polio, DTap, or Hep B and is missing consecutive doses because he/she is too young to get the next dose, you will need a signed letter from your child’s doctor giving the specific dates of when the immunization series will be complete.
As of January 1, 2016, there is no longer an option to waive these requirements due to your personal beliefs. The only exemption is a signed medical waiver obtained from a licensed physician which states:
- That the physical condition or medical circumstances of the child are such that the required immunization(s) is not indicated.
- Which vaccines are being exempted.
- Whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary.
- The expiration date, if the exemption is temporary.
You are welcome to visit www.ShotsForSchool.org for more information.